< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Aneurysm
Created On: 06/21/2002 08:53 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

04/06/2012 12:51 AM

Author Icon
JamesFaro

Abdominal aortic aneurysms are commonly divided according to their size and symptomatology. Abdominal aortic aneurysms expand, they may become painful and lead to pulsating sensations in the abdomen or pain in the chest, lower back, or scrotum. The risk of rupture is high in a symptomatic aneurysm, which is therefore considered an indication for surgery.

turbo tax coupon

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 01/25/2012 07:40 PM

Author Icon
JohnDKane

My father likes to have a few beers after work and is also a smoker. He was complaining about stomach pains for a two and half days before he finally agreed to go to the doctor. We found out that he was suffering from a abdominal anuerysm. I was wondering if the two and half day wait will affect how he is treated or if the recovery may take longer now?

11/29/2003 07:09 PM

Author Icon
pnikiforov

add any information on brain aneurysm
 05/02/2003 02:08 PM

Author Icon
lighthouse97

My father is almost 66yo. Alcoholic, overweight. We just found out he has an abdominal anuerysm. what kind of surgeon should he see. is this an emergency ? We are now waiting on the sonogram results for further review. I am nervouse about his "beer belly".
 04/13/2003 09:57 PM

Author Icon
Eugene300

I have been receently found out that I have an aneurysmal dilatation of the ascending portion of the thoracic aorta measuring just over 5cm ion it's diameter. There is a family history of Marfan's Syndrome, but I have not been diagnosed with it. How serious is this? What steps should I take next?
 12/07/2002 12:47 PM

Author Icon
CES

Some questions that you may want to ask from the clinical presentations that I've seen-- 1. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the current devices on the market? 2a. What are the differences in surgical approaches with each device? What do they mean by "minimally-invasive". 2b. What are the migration (movement of the device) and failure rates (leaks and/or possible rupture) of each device. 3. What are the short & long term complication rates? 4. Can you show me before & after pictures of the same kind of procedure is being recommended for me? 5. How long will my scars be and where will they be located? 6. Who is the best surgeon to give me a second opinion? There are three approved devices that I know of on the US market (there may be more however)-- the Excluder (Gore); the AneuRx (Medtronic); the Ancure (Guidant). They all have advantages/disadvantages. This is a major surgical procedure and should be researched very carefully.
 06/21/2002 08:53 AM

Author Icon
dkitamura

I need moe feedback from those patients who have undergone endograft procedure. I am seriously considering this alternative surgery.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Heart News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
 Heart Attack Center
Prevention
Survivors
Dr. Tod Engelhardt  Heart
 Hero™

Dr. Tod Engelhardt:
Combating Major Blood Clots.
About Heroes
 Community
Heart1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.