Heart1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Heart News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
 Heart Attack Center
Prevention
Survivors
Dr. Tod Engelhardt  Heart
 Hero™

Dr. Tod Engelhardt:
Combating Major Blood Clots.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion  in  Our Forums
 Community
Heart1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
September 21, 2019  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Orlando
Created On: 12/12/2004 11:13 AM

12/13/2004 02:39 AM

Author Icon
princesskt17o

I'm sorry you're in pain! If you're looking for a new dr. and are willing to travel, The Emory Orthopedic Center is excellent! It's in downtown Atlanta. I saw 4 different doctors before going there, all of which said they didn't know how to help me. I was diagnosed with impingement and I'm having surgery on Dec.16. These guys are worth the drive! Good luck though, hope you feel better.
 12/12/2004 11:13 AM

Author Icon
JOHNNYO

In the news todayrlandoI had a distal clavicle fracutre over 2 years ago. The bone healed crooked, and over an inch shorter - "L" shaped; shaped like a golf club. I have had a difficult time finding a doctor to understand how the shortened clavicle pulls my shoulder cockeyed - it keeps my scapula pulled crooked. It is affecting my neck and spine. My shoulder is stuck forward, from the collarbone being so much shorter. It affects my neck and spine. It is very easy to see how it is pulling my upper body crooked. There are medical studies that say shortening doesn't matter; I think that is a bunch of hogwash. The shorter the clavicle, the more the shoulder is going to be cockeyed. If shortening doesn't matter, then why do people with shorter clavicles complain of these symptoms, and go from doctor to doctor with the same frustration ? Those studies that say shortening doesn't matter are a bunch of hogwash. They take the patients input, and turn it into statistics, then generate output to prove whatever they want to prove. I guarantee that no orthopedic surgeon who produced those studies, has a shortened clavicle. The shorter the clavicle, the more it can pull your shoulder out of whack, affecting the neck and spine, and nerves and blood vessels; leading to numbness, tingling, lack of circulation, neck and spine problems. Is there anyone who has experienced this nightmare scenario ? Please contact me with your input and experiences. The more people we can get together with these experiences, the more likely this ridiculous notion can be banished, and we can help doctors open their eyes to this complication that is ruining lives. Please contact me with your experiences and thoughts. Thank You Johnny

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.