Heart1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Heart News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
 Heart Attack Center
Prevention
Survivors
Dr. Tod Engelhardt  Heart
 Hero™

Dr. Tod Engelhardt:
Combating Major Blood Clots.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion  in  Our Forums
 Community
Heart1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
October 15, 2019  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: reduce shoulder width
Created On: 09/22/2004 11:05 AM

01/16/2005 11:21 PM

Author Icon
Ellie1970

Not to be rude but ..give me a break !You must be really youngto be that silly! Are you in California sweetie because that's about theonly place on earth vain enough to care about that stuff ..the wider the shoulders are on a man the better , my husband has enourmus shoulders and doesn't work out but he also has 156 I.Q. and that 's the first impression you get when meeting him .I've had both of my collar bones shortened in a distal clavical resection due to my clavcle(collar bone ) splintering off on to my A/C joint and it didn't leave my shoulders any smaller!But the surgury is extremly painfull ...horrid recovery time too .Don't try it please !Learn to live with those big shoulders and enjoy them !
 09/22/2004 11:05 AM

Author Icon
adrianabc

Hello, I write asking if anyone knows of any exercises that might actually reduce the width of one's shoulders. I am a 40-year-old male with somewhat broad shoulders and a narrow waiste. I don't do any exercise, but because of the width of my shoulders, other people are led to believe that I am a regular visitor to a gymnasium. This colors their perception of me, and is an obstacle I've grown rather tired of having to overcome. I've even sought the advice of an orthopaedic surgeon concerning the possibilty of reducing the width of each colar-bone, but to no avail. Can anyone offer any practical suggestions that may help to reduce the width of my shoulders? Thank you.

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.