Heart1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Heart News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
 Heart Attack Center
Prevention
Survivors
Dr. Tod Engelhardt  Heart
 Hero™

Dr. Tod Engelhardt:
Combating Major Blood Clots.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion  in  Our Forums
 Community
Heart1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
December 03, 2021  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Five glasses of water a day can decrease heart risk, study says
Created On: 05/09/2002 07:00 PM

08/09/2002 02:38 PM

Author Icon
Bizline

Hi Tania, I usually need the same kind of motivation you do, and think these might help: target=NewWIn>http://www.heart1.com/news/newsfeed.cfm/610/1 target=NewWIn>http://www.heart1.com/news/newsfeed.cfm/551/1 Take care!
 05/09/2002 07:00 PM

Author Icon
Tania

I have always enjoyed drinking plenty of water. I have also stopped smoking about 4 years ago. What helped me to stop smoking was reading about the weekly, monthly, and yearly benefits of stopping; how the lungs are gradually improving as time passes by. It was helpful to see that if I could stop for just 2-3 weeks, that I would slowly be becoming healthier. This really kept me motivated. Whenever I felt like I just had to smoke, I would read this information from the American Cancer Society. I would like some similiar information about the benefits of losing weight on the heart and body. For example, how the heart may benefit in several weeks or months during the process of weight loss. I feel that if I have some information about the gradual benefits of weight loss on the heart, that this may keep me motivated to loss this excess weight. I am about 50 pounds over weight, and my father has had 4 heart attacks and has survived them. I am concerned about my family because diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease runs in the family. Thank you in advance for any information. Tania

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2021 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.