Heart1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Heart News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
 Heart Attack Center
Prevention
Survivors
Dr. Tod Engelhardt  Heart
 Hero™

Dr. Tod Engelhardt:
Combating Major Blood Clots.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion  in  Our Forums
 Community
Heart1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
September 19, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: OA Unloading Brace & Exercise
Created On: 11/09/2001 03:05 PM

11/09/2001 03:05 PM

Author Icon
Perry15277

I'm 55, a PT and after my 2nd surgery in Aug I have no medial meniscus and tri-compartmental OA in my left knee. I'm told I'm not a canidate for the new transplant procedures and I'm to active and "young" for a TKR. I was ordered a Donjoy "OA Adjuster" but received little to no instructions on its use. I know how to put it on and adjust the valgus. My questions are: 1. Should I wear the brace during strengthening exercises (leg press, quad ext, etc)? 2. Could the alignment problem caused by not wearing the brace effect my right knee, SI, and lateral left knee? 3. The surgeon said my knee was solid, tight, with no ligament problems. Are there any alternatives out there other than living with the brace for 10 year, then having a TKR? Thanks for your HELP!

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.