< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Vascular Access Port Placement
Created On: 09/21/2003 08:24 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

09/21/2003 08:24 PM

Author Icon
Jodasha

OK,I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS THAT'S WHY I'M SEARCHING: MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN ON HEMODIALYSIS SINCE MAY 31, 2003. ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO THE TECH. CAUSED HIS ARM TO SWELL WHEN I WENT IN THERE SHE HAD 3 NEEDLES IN HIS ARM AND HE WAS HURTING. HE IS THE TYPE OF MAN NOT TO COMPLAINING ABOUT MUCH HE JUST FIGURED THAT IT WAS PART OF THE PROCDURE. ANYWAY WHEN HE WAS DONE HIS ARM SWELLED THEY TOLD US TO GO HOME AND PUT HEAT ON IT WE DID AND IT SWELLED BIGGER. I FINALLY CALLED THE DR. THAT HAD PUT IN THE FISTULA WE WENT IN THERE AND HE TOLD US TO GO HOME AND PUT IT ABOVE HIS HEART (HIS ARM) IF IT DIDN'T GO DOWN IN A COUPLE OF DAYS WE WOULD DO AN VEINGRAM. WELL, IT WENT DOWN BUT THEN FORMED A ANEURYSM SO NOW TOMORROW WE ARE GOING IN FOR THE DR. TO REPAIR IT, WHAT SCARES ME IS THE DR. SAID THAT HE MIGHT TAKE A VEIN OUT OF THE LEG AND MAKE THE FISTULA STRONGER. I SAID NO! NO! HE HAS VERY BAD NEROPRATHY AND CAN NOT FEEL HIS LEGS FROM THE KNEE'S DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF HIS FEET AND I'M AFRAID IF THEY TAKE A VEIN OUT OF HIS LEG AND CUT OFF MORE CIRCULATION THAT HE WILL LOSE HIS LEG, CAN YOU OFFER ME ANY ADVICE ON THIS A.S.A.P. WORRIED WIFE
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Heart News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
 Heart Attack Center
Prevention
Survivors
Dr. Tod Engelhardt  Heart
 Hero™

Dr. Tod Engelhardt:
Combating Major Blood Clots.
About Heroes
 Community
Heart1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test