pain in chest

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: pain in chest
Created On: 09/18/2002 06:14 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

02/16/2003 02:36 PM

Author Icon

Hi. I know exactly what you mean - I had the exact same thing and was worried for ages about it. I went to the doctor and he said that it was an anxiaty attack which can be brought on by anything. It first started while i was shopping one day and i really thought i was going to die and so the more i thought about it, the more it came on. My anxiety attacks from then on would come on whenever i increased my heart rate, through drinking alcohol, exercise. This was i think because I was worried about having a heart attack. It sounds like in your case that it comes on my smokeing or inhailing smoke - you are worried about smoking just as i was about my increased heart rate. I am told that it can even come on when you go to a place where you experienced these attacks before this is because it is done on a subconcious level. The doctor said that when it happens, its your natural reaction to take deep breaths which is BAD. You should breath in and then breath out slowly to relax the pressure in your cheast. This does honestly work as it calms you down. I spent a long time worrying about this and it only disapeared when i knew that it was't anything serious. Give it a go and let me know how you are getting on.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 09/18/2002 06:14 AM

Author Icon
parn

Hi, I am a 20 year old male from Australia and have eaten lots of junk food and drank heaps of coke in my time. I am not overweight and my blood pressure is normal. About 2 months ago I was smoking some marijuana and my heart rapidly started beating, I felt dizzy and had death feelings. I went to the doctor and he said that the marijuana could have reached a posinous level causing my heart to do this. After that I quit smoking, but I still had an unpleasent feeling in my heart area. The feelings tends to come on when I sit down for a while. Also when I had a coffee a few days after the attack it brought the feelings on very strongly so I went to the doctor with chest pain and he took my blood pressure and did a 'heart trace' and said my heart was fine. I still get this feeling, and a couple of days ago I had a very small smoke of marijuana and it made the feeling worse and my heart starting beating quickly. Sometimes when I am sitting down I get a strong feeling, it's like a rush over my body, and like someone is pushing on my chest very hard all of a sudden. I find it difficult to sleep with the feeling, I think it's because i'm scared of having a heart attack or something, I find it easier sleeping with pressure against my chest, like my pillow. Also I have been getting random feelings in my veins, it's like I can feel blood going through them. I went back to the doctor today and he referred me to a cardiologist which I will be going to next week, and I'm also getting another test this Friday to check out other organs in my body. I have to fast before the test, I don't have the paperwork infront of me so i'm not too sure of the name of it. I was wondering if anyone had any input on this? Thanks
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Heart News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
 Heart Attack Center
Prevention
Survivors
Dr. Tod Engelhardt  Heart
 Hero™

Dr. Tod Engelhardt:
Combating Major Blood Clots.
About Heroes
 Community
Heart1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test