Heart1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Heart News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
 Heart Attack Center
Prevention
Survivors
Dr. Tod Engelhardt  Heart
 Hero™

Dr. Tod Engelhardt:
Combating Major Blood Clots.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion  in  Our Forums
 Community
Heart1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
December 07, 2021  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Problems stemming from???
Created On: 03/31/2003 01:33 PM

05/22/2004 12:36 AM

Author Icon
jj2000

Dear anonymous, I would seek a second cardiology opinion. Sometimes when we see the same doc for a while they loose the fresh approach you could get from someone who has nevr heard your complaints before. Before you go in make a written record of your problems so that you can present your complaints in an organized fashion and indicate the things that are the most worrisome. Good luck. jj2000
 03/31/2003 01:33 PM

Author Icon
Rottnmalsport

I am 32 years old. I have been suffering from dizziness & fatigue along with heart palpations and feeling faint. I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse 8 years ago and I am not taking any medication for it. Over the last few months my blood pressure has been steadily increasing. I normally run at the end of low normal. My Dr. does not seem concerned about this. I am falling asleep at times without warning. I had major back surgery last year to fuse two levels front and back along with titanium instramentation. I suffer from DJD in nearly every joint in my body. I also have acid reflux disease that makes me feel ill often. My Mother suffered a major heart attack at age 55. She had a quadruple bypass that nearly killed her due to unexplained bleeding through tissue. My Father has a mild murmur. I have palpations in which my heart beats so hard and fast that it can be seen outside even while I am wearing a jacket. I become faint and all turns black during these episodes. Afterwards, my heart stops for a couple seconds, quivers a few times and then starts and goes back to normal. These episodes can happen even when I am sitting down doing nothing. I have done stress tests which have not led anywhere. Of course these were done a number of years ago. I have worn a Holter twice (also years ago) but other than showing an irregular heartbeat, it was inconclusive. I have never worn the holter during one of the aove episodes and the stress tests (treadmill tests) were unable to bring it on. I do not smoke. I do suffer from depression which can sometimes be severe. Depression runs in my family and we have had a number of suicides related to it. I hate going to the Dr. unless absolutely neccessary. These problems are really starting to interfere with my work. I'm at a loss. Has anybody dealt with these symptoms before and if so, what was/were the cause/s? hank you

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2021 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.