Newbie to shoulder/arm, hand pain, general guidance?

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Newbie to shoulder/arm, hand pain, general guidance?
Created On: 04/16/2005 12:18 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

04/16/2005 12:18 PM

Author Icon
janepm

Hi All: new to the Board. I'm a "newbie" in terms of this shoulder thing. Woke up last October, '04 with a shoulder pain that just won't go away. Happened from time to time as I would sleep on my left arm but always stretched it out. Problem: it remained and nothing works. Can't move it too much and we've done the run-around, delay thing with the HMO. Finally, we did arm x-ray and doing an mri on neck and shoulder. Someone told me about this forum and I'm glad. Thank you! The problem is also along with time period, my elbow, upper bicep and left hand is inflamed and hurting, too. Basically rendering my entire left arm almost useless. What type of tests and strategy would you all recommend that I do as we get to the bottom of this. From posts, I'm gathering that arm problems are easy to misdiagnose or even to diagnose to begin with. Any ideas of subjects I should research, I will be meeting with the Docs for follow-up soon. It's awfully tiring being in such pain!
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Heart News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
 Heart Attack Center
Prevention
Survivors
Dr. Tod Engelhardt  Heart
 Hero™

Dr. Tod Engelhardt:
Combating Major Blood Clots.
About Heroes
 Community
Heart1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test